Technical service representative Germany & Eastern Europe
Summit Packaging Systems manufacture packaging for aerosols. We are now a third-generation family business, debt free and supply 25% of the global market. People are at the core of us delivering excellent products & service to our customers. We design & manufacture all our products including high speed assembly machines, providing our customers an end to end packaging solution.
- Almere, Netherlands
As part of an aggressive capital investment program in Europe to support long term growth we are looking for a technical service representative to work in parallel with the regional sales manager to provide a strong technical lead to the German & E. European markets.
The role is based out of the European HQ in Almere NL, working as part of the European technical service group and reporting to the European sales manager. The candidate will become the primary technical liaison for our customers in the region.
The candidate would ideally have experience in one of the following areas: Injection moulding, lab technician / R&D, quality control or general packaging / manufacturing.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop & progress their career in a technical customer facing role. An in depth induction program will be provided to cover all core competencies (injection moulding, high speed assembly, metal forming/stamping, product design & aerosol spray technology).
Key responsibilities include:
- Management & successful delivery of complex product approval process to drive long term sustainable growth.
- Trouble shooting technical issues & provide support on quality rejections.
- Provide strong technical lead to the region.
- Participate in National trade association technical working groups.
- Provide onsite product training to customers.
- A passion for working in a manufacturing environment & solving technical challenges both internally & externally.
- A results driven & determined team player.
- Min Education requirement: MBO level 4 in technical area.
- Minimum of 3 years background in technical customer facing role.
- Highly organised, well-presented & effective communicator.
- English & German language fluency (written & verbal).
- Ability to produce detailed technical reports in English & German.
- Ability to travel 3-4 days per week (after induction program).
- Proven ability to work autonomously within small team.
- Proven ability to manage a complex, technical and long approval process.
- Competitive salary based on experience & excellent opportunities for career progression.
- Company annual profit-sharing program
- 23 days + 7 National holidays
- Company gym membership